Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
1. Participate in the development of the sector’s short and long-term strategy and guide the direct reports towards the achievement of the strategic goals through accomplishing their responsibilities. 2. Set the division’s goals and objectives and ensure the cascading of the same to the reporting departments, and guide their achievement. 3. Contribute to the development of the sector’s policies, procedures and processes and ensure adherence and implementation. 4. Provide direction and advice to the direct reports in performing their delegated responsibilities. 5. Ensure the ongoing development of the division’s employees, and guide and assure the developmental activities of direct and indirect reports. 6. Oversee the overall performance of direct reports, ensure, and ensure KPI’s are well communicated and monitored. 7. Ensure effective identification, allocation and utilization of the division’s human, financial, logistical and technological resources at all times. 8. Observe level of services provided by subordinates aiming to provide information redounding on efficiency of processes.
A) Internal control
1. Sustain and improve the level of internal control framework of Mobily by assuring the achievement of the company's objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting as well as the safeguard of the company's assets.
2. Ensure that the internal control systems and procedures in place including;
a. Conflict of Interest Policy;
b. Financial and accounting procedures, including financial reporting procedures, are properly applied
3. Ensure that appropriate control systems are in place for measuring and managing risks by generally forecasting the risks that the Company may encounter and creating an environment which is aware of the culture of risk mitigation at the Company level, and transparently disclosing them to the Company’s Board and other Stakeholders.
4. Review Periodically Mobily Internal control policies and procedures to ensure continuing, credibility and relevance of the company operations.
5. Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls and ensure about the reliability of financial reporting process.
6. Assesses the adequacy and extent of programs designed to safeguard mobily assets and Compiles and issues reports detailing conclusions and providing recommendations for improvements.
7. Increase awareness and understanding of internal controls and ensure that controls are managed in a cost-effective manner to support the achievement of mobily’s objectives.
8. Monitor and provide advice to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls, Actively participates in the development of Internal Control policies procedures
9. Reports internal controls issues and deficiencies identified, directly to CAE and provides recommendations to improve the system.
b) Compliance & advisory
1. Monitor the performance of the Compliance activities on a continuing basis and recommend appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
2. Prepare periodic and annual compliance reports and submit them to the CEO and Audit Committee.
3. Review the existing database and process related to the reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized person in the company as appropriate and/or required.
4. Ensure the performance of compliance awareness programs and manage them in a cost-effective manner to support the achievement of Mobily's objectives, including promoting heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
5. Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep senior management informed of the effectiveness of compliance procedures.
6. Perform other duties as required by higher levels of supervision.
- Experience in telecom industry is preferred
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal control
- Experience in reviewing policies and procedures and process evaluation and documentation
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills.
- fluent in English
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to address issues and effect change
Capable of working independently, under pressure in demanding field conditions.
finance, auditing, risk management or equivalent from an accredited university